Learning is part of the reasons we watch movies. We don’t just watch movies for the sake of entertainment. They are some actors that when they are on stage, you are sure of learning one or two grammars. While growing up, I picked Chief Pete Edochie as my mentor because of the way he speaks. He speaks English so fluently.
The nollywood industry is filled with actors who are specialists in speaking English. For the sake of this article, I would focus only on the male actors. The actors on the list are not the only ones that speak English fluently. I only selected the ones that got my eyes. They include:
1. Chief Pete Edochie: The veteran nollywood star is well known for his calm way of speaking. It is unheard of that Pete committed a grammatical blunder in his movies. He did his tertiary education abroad.
2. Tony Umez: The veteran nollywood star is one of those actors that you hardly hear them speak pidgin language. Personally, I have not watched any movie that this actor spoke pidgin language. The only thing I have heard him speak is the English language. I have not seen him speak any local language. Tony is a graduate of English language from the University of Lagos.
3. Richard Eyimofe Evans Mofe-Damijo: He studied both Theatre Arts and Law at the university. The nollywood star is someone you can learn from at any point in time.
4. Bolanle Ninalowo: When you hear Bolanle speak, you would doubt he is a Yoruba man. The actor once worked in America before returning to Nigeria.
5. Kenneth Okonkwo: I wonder how his pidgin language would sound. Kenneth has been in the industry for a long time now. He studied business administration.
6. Zachee Ama Orji: He speaks so calmly like Pete Edochie. The actor speaks both English and French fluently.
7. Robert Peters: The nollywood star is more of a director now.
8. Ramsey Noah
9. Oludotun Baiyewu Jacobs
10. Ejike Asiegbu
Which other actors do you think should have made the list? Drop your comments and share this article with others.
Photo Credit: Instagram